15 Jul 2003

Mazarinerna is the band (III): Mazarin Promo Tour

Good times for Mazarinerna before the Summer Tour.

The Mazarin Promo Tour included some signing sessions in some shops: Åhléns (Stockholm and Halmstad, 2003.06.16), Folk & Rock (Malmö and Lund, 2003.06.18; Lund, 2003.06.27) and Rocks (Göteborg, 2003.06.27).

Before the Summer Tour, Per Gessle talks to Aftonbladet and Expressen about their promo gigs.


  • 24/06/2003 Skansen Stockholm Sweden
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Per Gessle performed the song 'Här kommer alla känslorna [på en och samma gång]' live, did an interview, and performed the song 'Kung av sand' live at the festival 'Allsång på skansen' with various artists (such as the Buddaboys, Mija and Greta Folkesson, Jerry Williams and After Shave). Broadcasted live by the Swedish television station SVT4. Gessle speaks about this gig:
I sound like Louis Armstrong, it’s really troublesome. I was truly convinced of cancelling. I have a fever, throat-ache and I'm tired. I only want to rest. The audience, though, was the best! Truly, the best! Cupcakes (Mazarin) are actually my favourite cakes.




  • 25/06/2003 Aker Brygge Oslo Norway
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
14/07/2003 Idrottsplats Borgholm SwedenPer Gessle performed the song 'Här kommer alla känslorna [på en och samma gång]' live and the song 'Födelsedag' playback at the festival 'Sommaråpent' with various artists. Broadcasted live by the Norwegian television station NRK1. This is what Per said in the interwiew.
I'll be doing some TV appearances and I'm rehearsing for a big tour that will start in Sweden on 29 July 2003. So there will be a lot of 'Mazarin' for me this summer. We have a studio in Halmstad, where I come from. And there is a café where we always buy cupcakes to bring along the studio, so it has become a studio cake. So there I thought it'll have to be 'Mazarin'.



  • 14/07/2003 Idrottsplats, Borgholm
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Per Gessle performed the songs 'Här kommer alla känslorna [på en och samma gång]' and 'Födelsedag' singback at the festival 'Victoriadagen' with various artists (such as Robyn, Lisa Nilsson, Sanne Nielsen, Magnus Johansson, Peter Jöback, and the Swedish illusionists Stefan Odelberg, Peter Glyt and a famous foreign special guest). 'Victoriadagen' is an annual festival in conjunction with the birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden. Hosted by Pernilla Månsson and Ola Lindholm. Broadcasted live as a TV-special 'Grattis Victoria' by the Swedish television station SVT1. Gessle spoke about this gig before it:
I have haven't even seen it on TV ever before, so I don't know what I'm getting into.

No comments: