20 Sept 2004

Sandy Mouche's White Lucky Dragon (I): Released in Sweden, 2004.09.20

White Lucky Dragon
(released in Sweden 2004 · 09 · 20 by Magpie)

" “Sandy Mouche went to Christoffer Lundquist in Vollsjo to record their debut album. I took place between late summer 2003 and spring 2004. 15 songs were recorded (two of those is only available on the Japan-version). We loved to be in the studio with Christoffer and are very pleased with the album. It's a warm sound (only analog equipment) and Christoffer helped us doing the best we could. Thanks!.” "



01. Sandy Mouche (Helena, Martinique)
Helena's comment: “I had the verse in my notebook and then Martinique just spat out the chorus! It became a sweet popsong! It is a manual of how to spend one of all the rainy days in a great way. ”

02. Cloette (Helena, Martinique)
Martinique's comment: “Cloette's best friend is in love with her but she doesn't know it yet. ”

03. Cherry Pie (Helena)
Helena's Comment: “I'd do anything to travel into the past. Just to visit one day of every year of Martinique's life since he was born! Unfortunately, I do not know how to. But if I was the moon, I could have touched his face with my light through all times, and I would see him as a child- he must have been a wonderful one! ”

04. Executioner (Martinique)
Martinique's comment: “For a long time I had a big stone in my chest. A girl that I adore helped me throw it away and Executioner was born. This was the last song written to the WLD album. ”

05. White lucky dragon (Helena)
Helena's comment: “I made this one a few weeks before I was married, in the summer of 2003. My husband-to-be had a big stone in his heart that I didn't know of. It was so heavy it almost tipped us over. But love conquers all you know! And we smashed the stone between us until it cracked into dust, and so far no new stones have come. ”

06. Matador (Helena, Martinique)
Martinique's comment: “We don't like bullfighting.

07. Le rat blanc (Helena, Martinique)
Helena's comment: [i] “Martinique and I went into a pet shop and the birds were screaming, it sounded like crying. Maybe because there wasn't enough space in the cages, and maybe they felt homesick. A couple bought a rat, but they didn't like the white one. ”

08. Formule 1 (Helena)
Helena's comment: “Sometimes Martinique worked the night shift at the printing press, where he's been the last three years. He made milk- and juice cartons. His working mates joked and said that he wasn't always present even though his body was there- one of the things I imagine him doing is dreaming about the Formel 1 cars he wishes to drive, instead of the machine. In the chorus we find him walking home at dawn. He wears his new Formel 1 shoes, they are red like real love. All the birds sing a heavenly song in the silent air around him. ”

09. Neons (Martinique)
Martinique's comment: “I wanted to write a song with a groove so first I came up with the rhythm guitar and the rest just followed. ”

10. C'est pas juste (Helena, Martinique)
Martinique's comment: “One of the early sandy songs. It makes me dance every time. ”

11. A Year (Helena, Martinique)
Martinique's comment: “I wrote it 3 years ago on a Roland Juno 60 synthesizer. This was the song I made Per and Helena listen to during a trip to Greece. It became the first Sandy Mouche song and it's about living like there was no tomorrow. ”

12. Papillon (Helena, Martinique)
Helena's comment: “This is about how I try to ignore my dad's worried face- he is afraid I won't survive in this tough world, as a musician. I got my passion for music through my mum, but my stubbornness comes from him- and it's an extremely tough combination to break! Maybe he just doesn't know me? Because if he did, he wouldn't waste so much time trying to stop me. ”

13. Notes & Bills (Helena, Martinique)
Helena's comment: “This song was born after a drive when I heard a r'n'b tune on the radio. Martinique wrote the cosy bridge. It is often like that, I know I want to sing and record but there is a big gloomy pile of everyday musts and useless words between me and the future dream. I just want to ignore the pile but it's hard. This song helps me sink into the dark red velvet sofa which is the gravelled road to the Sandy Mouche village. ”
Sandy Mouche
"Sandy" - Sandy Mouche

No comments: