25 Sept 2009

P, C & C and their rox-prom nights (III): dates and recordings

090909 the Beatles remasters were released today (by EMI), both in stereo and in mono, now EMI is releasing Roxette's entire album catalog remastered, albeit only in stereo… "The Rox Archives." Erik Broheden at Masters of Audio (former Polar Mastering) has remastered the albums. According to TDR, "very nice looking sleeves, quite disappointing booklets and the albums sound terrific in headphones."

Roxette is taking part in the Nokia Night of the Proms 2009 tour along with many other top artists. EMI Germany has released the full list of the NOTP concerts where Roxette will perform. Roxette's band will include Marie Fredriksson, Per Gessle, Clarence Öfwerman, Christoffer Lundquist (P, C & C), Jonas Isaacson and drummer Pelle Alsing.

Belgium:

  • October 23, 2009: Antwerp, Sportpaleis
  • October 24, 2009: Antwerp, Sportpaleis
  • October 25, 2009: Antwerp, Sportpaleis
  • October 28, 2009: Antwerp, Sportpaleis
  • October 29, 2009: Antwerp, Sportpaleis
  • October 30, 2009: Antwerp, Sportpaleis
  • October 31, 2009: Antwerp, Sportpaleis
  • November 4, 2009: Antwerp, Sportpaleis
  • November 6, 2009: Antwerp, Sportpaleis
  • November 7, 2009: Antwerp, Sportpaleis
  • November 10, 2009: Antwerp, Sportpaleis
  • November 11, 2009: Antwerp, Sportpaleis

The Netherlands:

  • November 13, 2009: Arnhem, Gelredome
  • November 14, 2009: Arnhem, Gelredome
  • November 18, 2009: Rotterdam, Ahoy
  • November 19, 2009: Rotterdam, Ahoy
  • November 20, 2009: Rotterdam, Ahoy
  • November 21, 2009: Rotterdam, Ahoy
  • November 22, 2009: Rotterdam, Ahoy

Germany:

  • November 27, 2009: Hamburg, Color Line Arena
  • November 28, 2009: Hamburg, Color Line Arena
  • November 29, 2009: Berlin, O2 World
  • December 1, 2009: Oberhausen, Arena
  • December 2, 2009: Mannheim, SAP Arena
  • December 3, 2009: Stuttgart, Schleyerhalle
  • December 4, 2009: Frankfurt, Festhalle
  • December 5, 2009: Frankfurt, Festhalle
  • December 6, 2009: Frankfurt, Festhalle
  • December 8, 2009: Erfurt, Messehalle
  • December 10, 2009: Munich, Olympiahalle
  • December 11, 2009: Munich, Olympiahalle
  • December 12, 2009: Munich, Olympiahalle
  • December 13, 2009: Munich, Olympiahalle
  • December 15, 2009: Bremen, AWD Dome
  • December 16, 2009: Hannover, TUI Arena
  • December 17, 2009: Hannover, TUI Arena
  • December 18, 2009: Cologne, Lanxessarena
  • December 19, 2009: Cologne, Lanxessarena
  • December 20, 2009: Dortmund, Westfalenhalle

Check also these videos posted to YouTube:


TDR interviewed Per Gessle before his trip to New York September 23. Read it.

You can also read the final recording blog of Brandur Enni, the Feroe Islands' artist that has been at AGM Studios this year with Christoffer Lundquist.


2009 Roxette - NOTP


First of all 'Night of the Proms' is a great opportunity for Marie and myself to get back together again without trying to do a full-scale Roxette concert. At this point we'd like to take everything concerning Roxette step by step. We take everything step by step. Time will tell how much she wants to work the stage. I don't know yet. But I don't consider this to be a problem. Marie's voice and presence are still magical. Enjoy the shows. We certainly will.

It will be thrilling to perform some of our biggest songs (especially "Wish I Could Fly," "It Must Have Been Love" and "Listen to Your Heart") with a big orchestra & choir. Clarence's & Christoffer's arrangements are truly stunning. And the idea of having strings on "The Look" sounds very South Park to me. I love it.

I'm sure there will be DVD:s released with our Prom-performances. Full orchestral album? Not on the agenda at the moment, no. We're actually bringing a serious amount of equipment to Belgium & Holland to make some groundbreaking recordings in the hotel corridors… I'm born, raised and bred on 7"-singles. Every thing I create starts off as a "single" in my head. That's the way I am, that's how I work. But the decision what should/shouldn't become a radio-single or the lead teaser for an album is basically made by the various record companies. You have to trust that they know their own markets. At least, that's what you would expect in the olden days when we were having tea with the Queen.

I'm a writer. I love to write songs. Then I love to record them. So yes, I always find myself halfway into a recording situation and it would be lovely to make some new splendid landmarks with the divine Ms. F. We'll see what happens and check our pulses. But yes, we'd love to make some more recordings as Roxette.

Most of the stuff that Roxette's fans are interested in is owned by jolly EMI and at the moment it's really hard to get any answers or directions out of them. They're in a complicated state of business. We're still trying to grab a decent record deal in US for these two up and coming youngsters, Marie & Per. I guess big things will happen in due time. However, we try to be on the case as we'd love to have everything available just as much as you do. Trust me. We all shoot film all the time. We'll use the best parts down the road, like we've always done. I'd love us to do another great album and a world tour again. I won't promise it will happen though. But it certainly would be great fun. I'm sure that a Gyllene Tider reunion will happen one of these years too. It's a great little band.

I only make acoustic demos these days. No arrangements, no intros, no solos, no double choruses. I leave all that to the real studio sessions. It's more fun like that. Much more creative. I love the input I'm getting from C&C.
Per Gessle




My new album ("Sometimes truth needs a lie") was finished Friday night at 10pm - September 11th. It was a crazy feeling... something deep inside me said that this was worth a celebration, but we had worked 24/7 in an almost three-week-race, so Christoffer Lundquist wanted finally to be with his family which I totally understand...so I went down to the little house where I'd stayed, feeling kind of melancholic and proud at the same time - and extremely hungry for some crazy party - the only problem was that I was all by myself in a little house in the middle of a dark forest - not knowing a soul. I drank some bear and put some Swedish "snus" under my lip, what I never do unless something very special's happened...I tried to read a novel, the only one that seemed interesting for the time being, but I got restless and bored. Then I hear somebody's screaming/singing Gasolin songs somewhere in a distance. I go outside and find that my only neighbor is having one hell of party! But I'm too shy to go over and join them...I tell myself that I can't just walk in there if he's having a very personal party. I made pictures of the situation turning creepy with a stranger suddenly turning up. But after walking around my house for half an hour hearing their wild karaoke songs, I felt so alone that I finally built up some courage and grabbed my guitar and went over to introduce myself as the new neighbor! It turned out to be one of the very best parties I've ever joined...the hosts were the warmest people you can imagine...we played and sang all through the night. No club or magical bar could ever compete with that spontaneous garden party!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cried watching the videos with Per and Marie together again. Rox music with a orchestra! Wow!